Friday, April 30, 2010

Wholemeal Buns

I really don't like the taste of wholemeal bread. As mentioned earlier, everytime I make them, I try to flavour them with nuts or fruits. These buns were baked a couple of weeks back. When I saw the pack of wholemeal flour being abandoned for so long, I thought I'd better make something with it. The olive oil bread came to my mind. Using the same recipe as the olive oil bread, I just replaced the maize flour with whole meal flour, and to make it slightly different from the log shaped bread I normally make, I shaped them into buns, coated with different things, i.e. sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, maize flour. Note : To coat the bread with seeds, dip the proofed dough quickly in a shallow bowl of water or brush it with water, then roll it on a plate of seeds. To coat with flour, just roll dough over flour before resting Wholemeal buns The result, a very soft wholemeal bread (the oil made it soft), and the softness retained even after a couple of days kept in an air tight container. I gave some to my neighbour, and was glad she liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment