Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Minnie Minnie Minnie

Shereen ordered 60 Minnie cookies from me for her daughter, Janice's, 1st birthday party.

I turned down her order initially, because I didn't think I could draw Minnie's features on 60 cookies, repeatedly. She gave me the solution; she found me the design from the web, and asked if I could do something similar.

Minnie Cookies

There's no features drawing involved; that's not too difficult. The difficulty lies only with trying to get the 'Minnie' colour right.

My youngest daughter kept reminding me when I was mixing the black icing, "Ma, that's not black, that's grey.".... A lot of black is used to get that black you see on the cookie. So next time you order anything 'black', on fondant, on butter icing, on cookies, do take note.

Minnie Cookies

All individually packed, to allow Shereen to give away the cookies as door gifts.

Minnie Cookies Many emails, then MSN chats, and exchanging of baking experience later, I also gained a friend from this order.

Hop on to her site to see her first attempt on the fondant decorated cake she made for Janice. This woman has guts! And I think she did way better than me on my first fondant attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment