Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Stack of Pancakes

I have always made my pancakes using estimated measurement and ingredients. I.e. some flour, some milk, some sugar, an egg or two, some water. When I cooked them, I used a little bit of oil or butter. The results? Sometimes they turned out ok, sometimes they turned out not bad, i.e. not consistent.

Then I came across this recipe from Annie Bell Gorgeous Cakes. I tried it once, and boy, now, I use it all the time.

These pancakes are my daughters' favourite breakfast (for now), but I could only make them when there's no morning rush, i.e. where I could spend time in the kitchen cooking them.

♥Pancakes♥
adapted from Annie Bell Gorgeous Cakes
(makes 16~18 pancakes)

You'll need :

250g plain flour
castor sugar
pinch of sea salt
3 eggs and 2 egg yolks
600ml full cream milk
40g unsalted butter, melted

Method : (I use the blender since it's easier, but you can also do the same by hand)

1) Place all ingredients except for the butter in a blender and whizz until smooth (make sure no flour is clining on the side of bottom of the blender)
2) Leave the batter to stand for 30mins (I'd not actually have time to let it stand, since 2 hungry faces are always peeping into the kitchen to check when the pancakes are ready), then stir in the melted butter.
3) Heat a non stick frying pan the size you want the pancakes to be (mine is about 18cm).
4) Ladle in just enough batter to coat the base (no need to oil the pan), tipping it to allow it to run evenly over the surface.
5) Cook for 30seconds on 1 side, then flip over and cook another 30seconds on the other side or until both sides are cooked, then slip it onto a plate.
6) Cook the remainder likewise.
(When I have cooked enough pancakes for the whole family, I'll put the rest of the batter into an airtight container and refrigerate it. Then the following morning, we can have pancakes again.)

Stack of pancakes My eldest likes hers with grated parmessan, and my younger one likes to dip hers into a plate of sugar. Yums! That's what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment