Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Conversations / Keeping My Sanity

Some of her conversation with us that tickled me.

Me : Do you want to watch Chinese jiejie show (referring to 四千金 musical VCD).
Zara : Want. Chinese jiejie got hair clips. Zara's hair clip upstairs in the box (referring to the box I kept all her hair clips).
Me : Yeah. But Zara doesn't like mummy put hair clip for Zara. You always want to take it out.
Zara : Because it's painful. Mummy put hairclip is painful. Take out then must comb comb the hair.

Daddy : Tomorrow is Sunday where does Zara want to go?
Zara : ......
Daddy : Maybe we can go to Lake Gardens. Can go to the dinosaur playground, feed the monkeys. How about that?
Zara : Sounds like fun!

Zara : Don't want kakak KC.
Me : Why?
Zara : Because kakak is so uh-gree (ugly).
Me : Oh, that's not nice. If you have good manners you won't say something like that.
Zara : *spent a few seconds thinking* Because kakak is not family. Mummy, Daddy and Zara is family.
Me : But you let kakak Tuyam jaga (Malay : Take care of) you.
Zara : Kakak Tuyam is oso (also) family. This one new kakak, not family.
Me : ....

I had a short nap while Daddy looked after her, and when I woke up, she came to me and stuck her face real near mine and asked, "Mummy, Are you feeling better now?"
..She's really growing up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, it has been crazy for me over the last few days. Sis' Filipino maid has to go back to Philippines because of family emergency, and sis needs her Indonesian maid back. So no one to baby sit Zara (although I could still send her to my sis' place, Zara just refused to let the Indonesian maids care for her) and do the housework. Guess who we enrolled for help? MIL for baby-sitting Zara.

MIL has been staying with us since Sunday. Zara refused MIL as well, so she has been climbing up the stairs to the study to come to me when MIL is not looking. And I have to do the diaper changing, milk feeding, VCD/DVD playing. She won't allow MIL to touch her, and MIL is too afraid to turn on the VCD/DVD player. Major disruption for me at work.

Another 14days before my maid returns. Hope I'll still be sane by then.

Psst, my future in-law, do you want to help baby sit Zara? I'll give you discount on the dowry.

No comments:

Post a Comment