Sunday, October 29, 2006

Morib revisited

14 years ago, Daddy in his attempt to impress me, brought me to Morib for a date. There, he whipped out his Bunsen burner and brewed tea for the 2 of us at our little picnic. He did impress me (see who I ended up marrying?).

Since then, we'd never been to Morib. Usually when this is suggested by him again, I would say, "Morib? What's there to do?"

During our Hari Raya holiday, we asked Zara what she wanted to do, and she said, "Want to go to the beach, want to kick kick the sand." The boss wanted something, and she got it. We packed a few snacks, took some cold drinks in our Coleman, and headed to Morib, the closest beach.

Crab up on shore; Pine tree lined coast; One of the trees that provided picnic goers with shade; Our picnic corner.

I'm surprised it was a very pleasant trip. We picnic-ed at the pine trees lined field facing the beach. The weather was nice, cloudy but not hazy, and the breeze from the sea was really cooling. Daddy brought Zara out to the long stretch of beach, showed her some little crabs, let her wade in the shallow pool of water and played in the mud; while I sat on our picnic mat watching the 2 of them from a far.



What a nice break..

No comments:

Post a Comment