Monday, October 16, 2006

Short Updates

No Maid
Tuyam has gone home to Indonesia for a month for her Raya holidays. Oh boy, this mummy with big stomach has to take care of Zara most of the time.

I'm having my sister's maids to help out in caring for Zara (and I work from my sis' place), but since Zara is still not quite used to them, she keeps coming to me for things and for a cuddle.

28 more days to go before the maid comes home (if she did come back).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Phrases
Zara is using words and phrases she learns either from the TV or from us. Here are some new ones.

Me : "Zara did you touch Rusty (our cat) just now?"
Zara : "No way! Zara didn't touch Rusty."

In the car,
Zara : "Mummy, Zara want eat pop corn"
Me : "Mummy forgot to bring."
Zara : "Say Sorry girl girl (sometimes we call her girl girl)."
Me : "....... Ok. Sorry girl girl, mummy forgot."

Me : "Mummy loves Zara so much"
Zara : "How much?"
Me : "..... Very much."

While swimming,
Daddy : "Wow, Zara can float now!"
Zara : "Pefect!"

After dinner,
Daddy : "Good girl, you finish your dinner."
Zara : *grinned* "Excellent."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yakking
On days when she's in the mood, she yaks non-stop. Here is a conversation taken yesterday when she was telling my nephews what she was going to do to get ready for bed:
"Mummy change this baju (Malay : clothes) for Zara"
"Dirty already mummy."
"Must take off and Zara put in the laundry bag"
"Then kakak will wash wash the baju with the hands."
"Zara brush teeth, and don't let the water run (the latter phrase is from Barney)"
"Then change Pajamas"
"Then mummy spray rose water on the face (when I apply my skin care in the night, I spray some rose water for her as well)."
"Zara smell so nice"
"Then read books, then bed time."
She was saying this without pausing for a reply or response from us. My sis Filipino maid said she talked like an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment