Monday, October 9, 2006

"Farmer Dee-ka" (Sawadeeka)

That's the way Zara says Sawadeeka, i.e. Hello in Thai.

We just came back from our 5 days Phuket trip late last night. It was a slow pace do nothing much trip.

The moment we arrived in the hotel, the very nice Twinpalms Hotel, Zara has started to want to go home. "I want to go home" was something she said so frequently when she's bored. When we told her we won't be going home so soon, and we'll be staying in the hotel for a few nights, she changed and said "I want to go back hotel" when we're out and there's nothing much interesting for her to see or do.

She said she missed her macanoni (macaroni) and cheese, her toys, Russ our cat, and playing with Kakak; and when we arrived home yesterday, she was really happy!! Wanting to play with all her toys and flip through all her books that she missed. She didn't sleep until about 12am going through her stuff in the house while I did the unpacking.

I guess Phuket has not much to offer to a kid that young, or maybe Zara has begun to be very attached to her home.

I have lots to catch up at work, so I'll be posting the photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment