Thursday, July 29, 2010

Retro Biscuits / Cookies

Sue asked if i could make some decorated biscuit for her with Retro design. I had not try decorating biscuits before, so I was a tad reluctant to take the order, because :

1) I don't know if I can make them to look the way Sue wanted;
2) I'm skeptical about the taste of decorated biscuit.
3) I wasn't sure if I could make the decorated biscuit without raw egg whites
(I have a principal about what type of orders I'll take, and it's, "What I don't serve my family, I won't serve to you.", and raw eggwhite is something I won't serve to my family, because I have two young kids.)

But anyway, I'm glad I took the challenge, and Sue was willing to take the risk. And, best of all I'm able to make them without having to use any raw eggwhites.

Decorated Biscuit I think I bake too often for my daughters, decorating cakes are only done for their birthdays; I find light pastel colours more appealing, so the biscuits just looked a bit too feminine.

Decorated Biscuit - Retro theme I made about 60 of them, although Sue only ordered 40, so we had some to spare at home; my eldest seemed to be the one who ate the most, constantly reaching into the biscuit jar (Tupperware, in our case), until the last one was gone.

I love how the biscuit turned out. It was buttery and not too sweet (even with the layer of royal icing), and it has a nice crunch.

For Sue, as requested, they were all individually packed.

A box of decorated biscuits Hope Sue and her friends like them as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment