Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Biscuit Sponge or Ladyfingers

Instead of using Savoiardi Italian Ladyfingers, which is rather expensive, for the Green Tea Tiramisu, I made the lady fingers or biscuit sponge myself.

Biscuit Sponge/Ladyfingers It's actually quite easy to make, but of course, being my first attempt, I didn't know quite how to space or pipe it, they didn't turn out to be perfectly shaped. Nonetheless, tasty, and liked by my daughters even when eaten just plain.

♥Recipe for Biscuit Sponge♥
Adapted from Okashi Sweet Treats made With Love by Keiko Ishida
Make about 30~40 pieces

You'll need

2 Eggs
60g Castor Sugar
60g Pastry Flour
1tsp Vanilla Extract

Method

1) Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 200C

2) Sift flour twice. Seperate egg whites and yolks. Beat yolks lightly and add half of the sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until mixture thickens and becomes pale yellow in colour.

3) To make meringue, place eggwhites in a clean bowl and beat until foamy. Add in remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks are formed and egg whites are glossy.

4) Add one third of megingue into egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly. Add sifted flour and fold well, then add remaining meringue and fold through just until incorporated.

5) Fit piping tip onto piping bag and fill bag with batter. Pipe out a 7cm stick shape amount, and repeat until atter is used up. Dust icing sugar on top twice, then bake for 7~10mins.

Biscuit Sponge/Ladyfingers The little one calls them cake biscuit, and she's asking me to bake for her again so that she can bring them to school as snacks.

(Note : Like the photos? All my photos before were never photoshopped, this is the first time I'm trying out Lightroom, and gosh, I so love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment