Friday, March 11, 2011

Salt & Sesame Biscuits

*sweep away the cobwebs on this site*

Gosh, I’d been neglecting my blogs. Being busy is one, feeling sluggish is another one. Every night, when I get the kids ready for bed, I too feel like hitting the sack together with them. I'm still trying to get used to the school routine, and all the homework coaching.

I really have to buck up. Back to a recipe I wanted to share, another savoury biscuit.
When I saw this recipe, I thought I had to try it. Sesame + savoury, should be good. I have this thing about sesame, especially black sesame. So far I’d already posted 2 recipes using black sesame as the main ingredient, and then this one, it shows you how much I like black sesame.

♥Recipe for Salt & Sesame Biscuits♥
Adapted from 在家亲手烤饼干by中村佳瑞子
Make 20 pieces

You'll need : 
50g unsalted butter (leave butter out until it gets to room temparature, i.e. soft to the touch)
1/2 tsp salt (recipe calls for 3/4 tsp but it was a bit on the salty side, so I think 1/2 should be better)
2 tbs milk
20g black sesame
100g low protein or cake flour

Method : 

1. Preheat oven to 180C

2. Mix butter with soft and beat until soft and fluffy. (I used a hand whisk)

3. Whisk in the milk a little at a time until well corporated.

4. Add in black sesame, and mix well with a spatula

5. Stir in the sifted flour

6. Roll the dough out to about 6cm x 2cm block. Wrap it in cling wrap, and leave in the fridge for 30minutes.

7. Cut the dough to about 5mm pieces. Place them on a baking sheet. 

8. Bake for 15 to 18mins.

Unfortunately, sesame is not my daughters' cup of tea, so it was only the hubs and I who ate them. Less man more share, I don't mind actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment