Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Growing Up - But Not Too Grown Up

One day, they are not too grown up :
Zara : ma, can you read to me tonight like how you used to?
Me : ha..
(I'd stopped reading to her almost half a year now; the girl's English is getting so good she's teaching me new words and correcting my grammar and the books she's reading is getting thicker than mine)
Zara : You know, I'm not too old for things like this.

Another day, they are :
Zaria fell from the dining chair.
Zaria : Ma, can you check, I think there's something on my back.
Checked, and found her skin to be chafed.
Me : Poor baby, it must be very painful.
Zaria : I am not a baby! And it's just a little painful. Ouch.
Me : You think a kiss will help? *about to plant a kiss on her back*
Zaria : *wriggled away* No. Tea Tree oil will help.
I caught her and kissed her anyway, and she giggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment