Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fairy Cupcakes For Zara's 4th Birthday Party

Cupcakes are great for parties; as the individual cake makes serving convenient, even more so when there are children among the guests.

For my daughter's 4th birthday, I was looking around for someone who could make nice looking cupcakes for a reasonable price. I needed about 60 of them, it would cost me a lot if the cupcakes were priced RM5 or RM8 per piece.

Eventually, I decided to make them myself, and decorate them using butter cream frosting.

(Btw, I prior to this, I made a batch of cream cheese frosting just to try out the taste, but no one in the family liked it, so butter cream frosting it was.)

Here is the recipe for butter cream frosting :

You'll need :
240g (1cup) butter
300g (3 cups) icing/confectioner's sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 to 2 tbs whipping cream

Method :

1) Whisk together sugar and butter on low speed until well blended then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3mins.
2) Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium for another minute or more, adding more cream for spreading consistency.

There's no raw egg (salmonella?) nor shortening (composition is close to plastic?) involved, but just butter and sugar, and hence the frosting is a little more sweet than those you find in shops.

Cupcakes For Her School Party Cupcakes For Her School Party My daughter called them her fairy cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment