Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mermaid Cake for Zara's 5th Birthday

My 5 year old is very into mermaids these days; ask her who her favourite princess is, and she'll say it's Ariel; and she always pretends to be one by 'swimming' (more like slithering actually) around the house with a cloth over her legs (that's her tail).

For her 5th birthday, I decided to make her a cake with mermaid figurines and undersea creatures using fondant. This is my first attempt doing figurines and it took me a while to get the mermaid done. Unfortunately, the 1st mermaid figure that I made melted, I blame it on the hot and humid weather. This did not dampant my spirit, and I made a replacement, but I wasn't confident in making any sea creatures.

This is her cake covered in fondant and topped with a mermaid, surrounded by cupcakes for the children.

Zara's 5th birthday cake I used Pettinice ready to roll fondant, and it tasted much much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment