Monday, November 23, 2009

Vanilla Cupcakes - The Girls' Joined Birthday Cupcakes

Cupcakes are easy to make, if you burnt one or two in the process, you still have the rest of the lot to fall back on. Unlike a cake, if you burnt it, you'll have to make them all over again.

I always make mine using butter vanilla flavour. My hubs and I like them plain. My girls love them decorated; here is the recipe :

♥Vanilla Cupcakes♥
Makes about 12 muffin size cupcakes, and 30 mini cupcakes

You'll need :

225g butter
225g castor sugar
225g self raising flour (sifted)
4 eggs
1tsp vanialla essence

Method :

1) Heat the oven to 180C
2) Cream butter and sugar until pale.
3) Beat in the eggs one by one, making sure it's well beaten and mixed before adding the next.
4) Add in vanilla essence.
5) Stir in self raising flour.
6) Spoon batter into cupcake casing.
7) Bake cupcake for 20minutes in oven or until done.

(You can also bake a 20cm round cake using the above recipe, but the baking time will be ~55mins).

For my daughters' recent joined birthday celebration in school, I made sixty over cupcakes, and that's double of the above amount, and I used store bought sugar flower (which tasted rather corn-starchy) for decoration.

Cupcakes for Girls' joined birthday party in school

No comments:

Post a Comment