Monday, February 8, 2010

Chinese New Year Baking - Chocolate Chip and Pecan Nut Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies which are very light and crumbly but crunchy at the same time.

When I was in Sydney attending my best friend's wedding almost 10 years ago, I happened to try the chocolate chip cookies baked by my friend's FIL, and that's exactly how the cookies tasted, light, crumbly and crunchy at the same time. Carl, who's my friend's FIL, has kindly given me the recipe when I asked for it. Since then I'd been baking this every year for Chinese New Year, and also a couple more times during the year as and when there's this craving for chocolate chip cookies.

♥Recipe for Carl's Chocolate Chip and Pecan Nut Cookies♥
Makes 50 cookies

You'll need :

150g butter
1/4 cup soft brown sugar
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup choc chip
1/2 cup lightly toasted pecan nut halfs (you can replace it with white chocolate chip or any other nuts)

Method :

1) Heat up oven to 180C degrees
2) Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3) Add yolk and vanilla essence and beat further
4) Mix flour, chips and nuts into batter with wooden spoon
5) Spoon batter onto baking sheet and bake for 10~15mins
6) Cool on wire rack

Handle the cookies with care, as they tend to crumble easily.

Chocolate Chip and Pecan Nut Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment