Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cupcakes And Others

Ju who reads my blog, asked me sometime in January if I could make her some cupcakes and she'll pay me for them.

That was my very first cake order with payment.

She was in fact my only paying customer. Haha. She subsequently ordered two more times from me, and the last order was just last Friday.

She likes the butter cream frosting with lots of sprinkles, because that's how her children like them.

Cupcakes with sprinkles I mix sugar sprinkles with tiny Japanese jellies, and I thought they look kind of sweet.

This round, I negotiated with her, and instead of 30 cupcakes, she took 20 cupcakes and pay less; and the other 10 cupcakes I kept them for my girls; since I never put frosting on cupcakes everytime I bake for them except on their birthdays, I thought I'll let them enjoy some frosted cupcakes 6 months early.

Size of the cupcake I can't make fancy stuff, or come out with fancy decorations, at least for now, but I try to use the best ingredients. No shortening nor vegetable oil in the frosting, although they make the cupcake last longer out in the open, they give you an aftertaste. I use only butter, which makes the cupcakes taste very much nicer; at least that's the opinion of my hubs and I. The last 2 rounds, Ju wanted M&Ms, and that's what each of her cupcake was topped with. Cupcakes with M&M Besides the cupcakes, Ju also ordered the sponge cake with soy bean frosting. I didn't take a photo of it, because I was in a hurry to pack every thing up, but this is how it looked like, minus the tiny golden sugar beads.

Sponge cake with soy bean frosting That's my youngest sister's birthday cake. She wanted this very healthy cake for her birthday last week after she's tasted my dad's low fat birthday cake, so I made her one, and that's my birthday present for her.

Ju's preference is the cupcakes and I can understand why. Some thing so low in fat, cannot compete with little cakes packed with the wonderful taste of butter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment