Thursday, September 19, 2013

Replying and Responding Using Songs

The girls recently love using songs to reply to a question or respond to a situation. A couple I could remember.

We were talking about swimming, and how they were progressing. Zara told me that Zaria's BFF Ee Mang (who happens to have the same swim coach as Zara) could swim 6 laps without resting, but for her, she needed to rest in between.
I told her to push herself, and increase her stamina, when she things that she cannot go on anymore, just tell herself that she can do it, push herself a little more and don't give up.
She sang, "I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough...."
(I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz) o.O"


On another occasion, we were talking about ambition, and we talked about what they wanted to be when they grow up.
Zaria said she wanted to be a florist still but worried she won't get much money because she thought only dead people get flowers.
I told her she can be anything she wanted to be, just as long as she set her heart to it.
She started singing, "You can be a King Kong, banging on your chest."
(Hall Of Fame by The Script) o.O"

When I brought the girls ice skating last week, I was contemplating if I should join the girl or I should just sit at the bench and watch them. They encouraged me to join them, and they told me they would teach me. Recalling how impatient I was with Zara the last time I brought them there because she was so afraid to walk with her skates, I asked Zara, "You won't raise your voice at me?"
She started singing, "What goes around, comes back around..... What goes around, comes back around.." followed by an evil laugh, and then told me, "I'll be patient ok, ma?"
(Best Thing I Never Had by Beyoncé) o.O"

No comments:

Post a Comment