Wednesday, September 20, 2006

22nd Month Update

Zara turned 22 months today. I have been so busy with work and also planning for the next family holiday (before I get into 3rd Trimester), I haven't been updating my blog that frequently. Anybody has any nice hotels to recommend for Phuket, with nice beach and especially away from the parading 'ah kuas'?

Ok, ok, this is not about my prep for my holidays. This is about Zara.

~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Weight : 10.3kg (2 weeks ago)
~ Height : 83cm (is it possible that she keeps gaining weight but not height?)

Dexterity
~ She likes to drink from a cup instead of a sippy cup, and if she pays attention to what she's doing, there won't be any spillage.
~ She likes feeding herself with a fork and doing very well. Still need some assistance when she uses a spoon

Emotions and character

I start to see her displaying some 'Terrible Two' characters.
~ She never used to walk too far away from me when we're out. Now, when she insists that she wants to leave or go somewhere else, and I tell her to wait for a while, she walks away mumbling, "Zara want go home (or wherever)". And without looking back, she walks straight on.
~ She cries and shouts when she doesn't get her way (but I totally ignore that)

She's also doing lots of 'pretend' play nowadays
~ She has conversation to herself and her soft toys, something that goes like that,
"You want milk?"
"Don't want."
"You want cheese?"
"Want"
"Here, cheese. Take."

~ She dresses up and pretends to be a queen, a cowboy, or even an animal
Pretending to be mummy carrying a baby

She sometimes have emotional tussles with herself, and have conversation like this with herself
*reaches her hands out to me* "Mummy hug hug Zara"
*put her hands down* "Don't want."
*reaches her hands out to Tuyam* "Kakak hug hug Zara"
*put her hands down* "I don't want. I don't want."
*reaches her hands out to me again* "Mummy, mummy, carry you (me)".
*put her hands down* "I don't want. I don't want anybody" *starts making crying sound*

Logical Thinking
She's able to think logically,
~ when we asked her if she can fly, she will reply, "Cannot, because Zara don't have wings".
~ she knows, "Zara's family got Daddy, mummy and Zara."
~ she knows she's still small and can only do certain things, e.g. "Zara now small jiejie, cannot play with scissors. When Zara big jiejie, Zara can cut cut with scissors"

Language
~ She's talking non-stop, and picking up new words all the time. Some of her pronunciation is still off (e.g. In-doh-nee-sah for Indonesia; Taffik yike for Traffic Light), and we sometimes have a tough time trying to figure out what she's saying, but when we do, we can always see the smile on her face, that she finally made us understand.
~ She loves books and picks up lots of new words from books. She can spend a lot of time flipping through books, and sometimes reading to herself (retelling the story in her own words).

Her book moment before bed time

Note : I'm absolutely trying to catch up on my blog reading, so don't mind if I'd not been visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment