Sunday, September 24, 2006

Relocation

Saturday was the big day for Zara to relocate from her cot to her single bed. She calls it her 'jie-jie (Chinese : big sister) bed'.

We got her involved in 'helping' Daddy to install the bed, pretending to be 'Bob The Builder'.

Upon completing the installation, we saw a hint of disappointment in Zara. We asked her, "Do you like your bed?". She said, "Don't yike (like)."

When she woke up from her afternoon nap, she cried and wailed, asking me to hold her for almost 30mins. When we asked her what happened, she said, "Zara so yoneyee (lonely)" and then later, "Got bad dreams". I wonder if the new bed gota do with this.

In the evening, after all the bedsheets and bed guards have be put up, she seems more interested in her bed. I told her she can still roll over to sleep with me if she wanted, and that I can still hold her hands in the night when she goes to sleep (something she likes).

However, the last 2 nights, she didn't sleep very well, waking up in the middle of the night, and wanted me to cuddle her. Daddy said maybe she miss the scent of her old bed.

I hope she gets use it to real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment