Thursday, April 20, 2006

Nap, Jump, Request

Nap

She's at this stage where 2 naps are too many, and 1 nap is not enough.

With 2 naps, it's very difficult for me to get her to sleep in the night, and I really want her to sleep by 10pm, so that I'll at least have some time to do my own things before going to bed.

With 1 nap, she gets sleepy around 8:30pm. It's fine if I worked from home, but if I was at King's Wife's place, she falls asleep in the car on our way home, and then wakes up and becomes very fretful when I have to change her to pajamas; which means I'll need to spend lots of time calming her.

I try to get Tuyam to let her take 2 naps in King's Wife's place (but it's tough because she gets easily distracted by my nieces) and then take only 1 on days when I work from home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jump

She started jumping 2 weeks ago. On her first attempt, she fell backwards and landed on her buttocks. On her 2nd attempt (few minutes later), she landed on her buttocks, then lost her balance and knocked her head. After that, she's very careful, she held on to something (the chair, a pair of hands) when she jumped.

These few days, she just jumps! Happy to have her feet lifted off the ground. Naggy mummy is always saying, "Be carefully, after fall down" when she starts her jumping spree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Request

She had been shouting for things she wanted. E.g. "KAKAK, VA-TER-JEN" (Vitergen). "MUMMY, PUT BARNEY!"

Tuyam taught her to 'speak nicely' when she wants something. So now, she request for things nicely, even the way she calls Kakak or Mummy is different. I added and told her she must say "please" for things she wants.

Sometimes she still shouts out her request, but most time, she remembers and speak nicely with a please.

No comments:

Post a Comment