Thursday, June 8, 2006

Ranting

Every thing looks nice but tastes yucky.
~ That's how my appetite is nowadays. I'm always hungry, and always want to munch on something. However, everything that I put into my mouth, tastes awful, it gets worse later part of the day. Morning sickness? Mine is evening sickness.

Nice things smell awful.
~ I bought the Anaku body shampoo for Zara to use because I loved the baby scent. Now, I can't stand it. If I had to bath Zara, I'll change it to soap. If Tuyam used this to bath Zara, I can't even stand the smell of it on Zara.

Work work and work
~ My boss changed me to another project team. It means more work, more morning and night conferences with the US folks, and the start of traveling. I'd turned down a trip to Houston and a chance to meet Simple American (excuse, "medical reasons"), but I believe there'll be some traveling within Asia which is quite difficult to refuse.

I'm tired
~ My work day sometimes start at 7:30am (meeting), and I continue working till about 7pm. On the same day, sometimes I get a 9pm or a later call.
~ Zara would be crying when I have to leave her at 9pm. I have to pacify her and then pass the crying child to Tuyam (Daddy is pretty hopeless when Zara starts crying)
~ Zara will stay up until I lay next to her. Normally I'm too tired and just doze off with her.
~ At 6am, she'll be waking me up to make her "bottle milk", like a zombie, I do just that, see that she finishes her milk, and try to get both of us back to sleep, even though it's just for another 1hr or 1.5hr.

Yesterday
~ She cried when I have to attend my call at 9pm. Nobody was able to pacify her, she was wailing, "mummy, mummy". So I had to carry her in the study, hooked on my headset, listened to the conversation at the other end of the line (and hoped they won't call my name), and pacified the crying girl.
~ When she stopped crying, she started yakking away, about this wooden man figurine that I have in the study, here is part of what she said (She was repeating the same thing over and over for 30mins about the 'boy' being broken, because she bang it on the floor). I was really worried about her, chanting away like that.



(If you can't see the player, the wav file can be found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment