Monday, June 5, 2006

Weekend knick knacks

We brought Zara to the football field in our residential area on Sunday morning. Nobody was playing foot ball, so we got the whole field to ourselves. It was wonderful, Zara was so happy to be running in such a big flat grass field.

She was happy chasing after her ball, throwing or kicking the ball.

Daddy kicked the ball into the goal post and Zara shouted hooray (trust her be the goal keeper huh?)

Happy, Sweaty Zara.



For lunch, I made Pumpkin soup using the recipe from River Cafe Cook Book. However, because I didn't have any chicken stock, I used the Maggie chicken granules (the one without MSG); gosh, it was so yucky (maybe because it's change of taste bud for me as well), all I could taste is the chicken stock taste, blech. Daddy walloped his bowl without complaint though. The avocado, zucchini and turkey breast sandwich was oh, so good.


As for Zara, she has been crazy about cheese. On both Sat and Sun, all she wanted for breakfast and lunch was, "bread and cheese". Offered her anything and she turned her face and said, "Don't want". So it was bread and cheese for her.

On Sat morning, she even woke up and I think she was trying to tell me what she dreamt about (but of course she's too young to know what a dream is). She told me first thing in the morning when she opened her eyes, "Got big big cheese." before she smiled and stretched.

Anybody knows any good but not too salty cheese to go with bread or cracker for the little one? I'd been giving her Kraft, Baby Bell and the smiling cow cheese spread. We give her some of our gourmet chedder as well, but it's too salty and I always feel guilty after giving her some.

No comments:

Post a Comment