Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Daddy Sleep On Sofa

I had a 10pm meeting, and was trying to tuck Zara in before my call.

I asked Daddy to 'observe' how I do it, so that he can tuck Zara in in future if I have night call instead of having to always depend on Tuyam. However, since Daddy always excites Zara to the extend of her being alert instead of sleepy, I told Daddy to lay low on the floor, and listen to how I handle her.

While Zara was telling me what she wanted to dream about, we started to hear some snoring. Oh well, this always happens (I mean him falling asleep while caring for Zara, but not the snoring) so I just ignored it, but Zara suddenly kept quiet and listened intently. Daddy must be very tired as he usually doesn't snore, and it was getting louder.

Zara sat up suddenly, in a frightened voice she said, "Go down stairs! Daddy go downstairs."
Me : "What happened girl?"
Zara : *with tembling voice* "Daddy go sleep downstairs."
Me : "Why? Zara scared?"
Zara : *about to cry* "Zara scared scared. Daddy snore snore. So loud."
So I had to give Daddy a shout and get him to leave the room before he upset Zara further.
After Daddy left, she calmed down and went to sleep.

In the morning, she remembered what happened, and she thought Daddy spent the night on the sofa.
"*pointed my side of the bed* Mummy sleep here"
" *poited to her cot* Zara sleep here"
"Daddy go down stairs sleep on the sofa."
I asked, "Why Daddy sleep on the sofa?"
Zara : "because daddy snore snore like a pig until Zara scared. Oink Oink" (my fault, when I got Daddy to go down stairs the previous night, I told him he was snoring like a pig and frightening Zara)
and continued, "Daddy go downstairs, and then no more sound. Zara no more scared."

No comments:

Post a Comment