Tuesday, May 9, 2006

This and That

Zara loves Roti Canai (Prata) and Nasi Lemak (coconut rice) very much. If we have it for breakfast, she'll be hanging around Tuyam, shouting for "Canai" or "Emak". She's smart, she'll take the part without the gravy or the sambal, if you give her those other parts, she would say, "Don't want. Spicy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to Jusco after meeting some mummy and daddy bloggers in Kidzsports on Sun (read about it here and here), since it's members' shopping day. I got Daddy to look after Zara at the toy section while I went to grab things I need. Daddy joined me at the cashier once I'm done. I then realised Zara was munching on something.
Me : You bought something for Zara to eat? (since the pram with all Zara's goodies was with me)
Daddy : No
Me : *shocked* Then what is it she's eating?
Daddy : *quickly checked Zara* Zara, open your mouth and show Daddy. *dug into Zara's mouth, and scrap out some nut like thing* What is this Zara?
Me : *angry* Where did she get that from? Picked up from the ground? Or did you see someone giving it to her?
Daddy : I don't know
Me : *even angrier* You were looking after her, and you don't know?? What were you doing??
Daddy : I'm telling you I was looking after her and I didn't see her picking up anything or anybody giving her anything!
Me : ("Yeah! You are blind!" But I didn't say that) Please be more responsible when you are given the task to look after her!!
Men! Didn't even realise his daughter is munching on something and how she got hold of that something to much! *slap head*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm trying to quicken the process to wean Zara. Every time when she asks for milk, I tell her I'll go make a bottle of milk for her. She'll protest, "Don't want. Don't want bottle! Want only mummy's breast!" But she'll suck on the bottle anyway when the bottle is placed near her lips.

She's still nursing for her first feed and last feed though, I let her get her 'fix' then will supplement with some formula since I know my milk suppy is very low now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zara sometimes like to call us by our names
"Mummy XXXXX (XXXXX being my name), where you (where are you)?"
"Mummy XXXXX, come!"
"Daddy YYYYY (YYYYY being Daddy's name) come home di (come home already)."
And I don't know who taught her this, but she likes to say, "Ah Ku ZZZZZ (ZZZZZ being my brother, the King's name) botak head (Malay : Bald headed)" since my brother has crew cut. (Tuyam denied teaching her this) .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zara as a whole is a very good girl, the only problem I have with her is during dinner time. She likes to climb out from her high chair, and scoop food from the dishes laid in front of her (she eats together with us, we don't feed her at a different time). She likes to complain about the food, "Don't want" "Don't like" "Not nice" "Blech" are some of her complaints.

The last 2 days, I played a children music CD for her during dinner time. It did wonders! She sat down throughout (it could be us readjusting the height and depth of her chair too, since she's using Tripp Trapp, which we need to adjust the chair occasionally based on how much she has grown), chewing her food, while we can see her mind working on the songs (she has this far away look).

She took lots of chopped vege (something she would spit out on normal days), rice, and fish. And because she's busy with listening to the songs, she left our dishes alone. I wonder how long this 'trick' will work on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment