Monday, January 17, 2011

Black Sesame Sauce For Pasta

If we eat in on Sundays, dinner is always something simple.
I'd always liked the Pasta that is served in Pasta Zanmai, which has strong Japanese flavour, so I was very happy when I saw this recipe of black sesame sauce for pasta, which was written by a Japanese author.
Pasta with Black Sesame Sauce
Here is something which you can try making at home, and it's rather easy too.

♥Recipe for Black Sesame Sauce For Pasta♥

Adapted from Black Vegetable (幸福黑蔬菜 by 館野鏡子)
Make sauce enough for 2 portion of pasta
Ingredient for Sesame Pasta

You'll need

2 tbs of ground black sesame

1 pack of Maitake Mushroom (舞菇) - I couldn't find this, so I just used Shitake instead

1 clove of garlic finely chopped

4 tbs of cream - For health reason, I used only 2 tbs

3 tbs of milk

2 tbs olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

Method

1) Slice the mushroom (if you are using Maitake, cut off the roots, and cut them into bite size)

2) Prepare the pasta (here I'd used spagetti) according to the instructions on the package

3) Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan, fry garlic until fragrant. Add in the mushroom and stir fry until mushroom is cooked. Add in milk, cream, sesame powder, stir for a while, and then add in salt and pepper to taste.

4) Stir sauce into cooked pasta, and served

Pasta with Black Sesame Sauce

Although it's on the dry side (probably because I used less cream and the mushroom is not juicy), I love it. I'll try to use Maitake mushroom the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment