Wednesday, January 19, 2011

School And Others

It's the 3rd week of school, so far, everybody is doing fine.

Lucky for me, there is another child, who lives nearby attending the same kindergarten as Zaria, so we have arranged to carpool, taking turns to either send or pick up the children.

And there are 2 other children across the street attending the same primary school as Zara, so again, we arranged to carpool.

I only have to make a trip to the kindergarten daily, and 3 trips a week to the primary school.

I'd also signed Zara up for extra curicular activities in school. Her Saturdays will be full. Starting the day at 8:30am to 4pm, Arts & Craft, Han Yu Pin Yin, Gymrama and Maths one after another. I only insisted she took Han Yu Pin Yin, the rest, it was her choice. And because the fee is cheap, I told her she can just join in, and if any time she found it stressing, she can drop off.

Last Saturday was the first time she went through a jam packed day, and when I asked her if things were ok at the end of the day, she said it was, and all the classes were fun. Which is a good sign. I think the mommy couldn't take the stress from driving as much as she did. I was going to the school 3 times that day, to bring her to the next class and pay fee for that class etc. TIRED!

Just more than 2 weeks in school, she seems to have improved in Chinese. At least now, I can give her full instructinos in Chinese, and she can 'translate' the instruction back to me in English (I made her do it just to gauge her understanding). But she herself admitted she couldn't do it the other way (translate English instructions to Chinese), not yet anyway.

As for Zaria, she's doing fine in kindergarten without her jiejie, and she's rather proud to be in 5 year old class now, holding her big homework pouch to school, and then back home. She's started having homework, and so far, she only threw tantrum once, preferring to spend time on iPad instead of getting her homework done. One threat that I will send her back to 4yr old class, and she quickly picked up the pen, and did her homework (albeit sobbing).

I'd also started her on Yamaha JMC. She's enjoying her class very much, she thinks her teacher is better than Zara's (she follows me to Zara's class sometimes), and always boasts about it. If you have children attending JMC, you'll realise the first song they teach the children is the Happy Fingers song, and the children are supposed to stick each of their fingers out, thumb, pointer, middle, index and pinky. Here is what Zaria said about finger number 4 (ring man), "Finger number 4 is so stupid and stubborn, don't know how to stand up."

Zaria helping Finger number 4 'stand'

These girls, they keep me busy, they keep me entertained.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, since your girls have started schooling again, it must be darn taxing for you! Both your girls into JMC? It's great to inculcate music interest in such tender age, music helps a lot in brain development for children!^-^

    Keep well and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are busy but still having fun..which is good..
    I think we as parents are more stress than them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] was writing this blog post, and reading aloud the content. Zaria asked, “Are you telling your invisible friend about [...]

    ReplyDelete