Monday, January 10, 2011

The National Science Centre & The KL Birdpark - 2010

While the children are settling down to the school routine, I thought I'd better start posting this back dated post or it'll be stale news soon.

Zaria, who celebrated her birthday at the end of the year, wanted a birthday celebration at Jungle Gym too, but she only wanted to invite Tasha (my niece). Being a work day for my sis, we had to postponed the Jungle Gym play date to the weekend, so on her actual day, Daddy arranged these for her.

A visit to The National Science Centre. It's free, don't expect it to be as nice as Petrosains, but it has lots of things for children to play with.
The National Science Centre - creating whirl pool

The National Science Centre - Static Electricity Plasma

The National Science Centre - Transformer

There's some dinosaur exibition going on (admission is RM25 for whole family) which we brought the girls as well.
The National Science Centre - Eaten by T-Rex

(Obivously, they don't know how to read signage yet)
The National Science Centre - Patting dinosaur

For lunch, I suggested Japanese. Zaria asked, "Is it your birthday or my birthday? It's mine right? So I get to choose where to have lunch." And she chose Wendy's.

After lunch, I was feeling tired and wanted to nap, but Daddy and the girls were all eager for more activities. What came after next? KL Bird Park.

(I looked after the girls, and Daddy had a jolly good time taking all these shots.)
KL Bird Park - Crane?

KL Bird Park - Macaw

KL Bird Park - Bird show

KL Bird Park - Another type of Crane?

KL Bird Park - Extremely Proud Peacock

This girl obviously is not afraid of going near animals.
KL Bird Park - Crane?

Their favourite...... Petting Chicks at the hatchling.
KL Bird Park - Hatchling

It's rare to see her smiling so happily for the camera. She had a great time picking up one chick after another and didn't want to leave.
KL Bird Park - Hatchling

KL Bird Park - Hatchling

KL Bird Park - Hatchling

She really enjoyed herself that day.

For her cake, I did a boo boo. I used a new recipe, and the recipe specified a cake pan too small. The cake overspilled midway, and cannot be used as a birthday cake.

Luckily, Aunty C, sent a set of 4 cupcakes over after she saw my FB status.
Zaria's birthday cupcake

Zaria's birthday cupcake

And for the last day of the week day, we brought them to Bukit Cherakah, just to wrap up the school holidays. It's a really nice place, but not well managed and maintained. We like the Four Season House the best, where the season is constantly set at Winter.

Bukit Cerakah - Winter House

The thing is we were not properly dressed since we didn't know there's such a place in there.
Bukit Cerakah - Winter House

We could only stay inside for a while, but the girls love it, and claimed they have now seen snow.

10 comments:

  1. She has sweet smile, should smile like this often. At first I didn't know where's the bukit cherakah, now i remember, i had been there before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such great outing during the school holidays! I missed the bird park and perhaps I should bring my kids there one of these days!

    Ohhh, the 4 season house... I had a school trip there when I was in elementary school, missed those wonderful old moment!

    You and your girls keep well, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that there's so many things to do around here. :P What a fun way to spend family time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool they allowed you to touch the chicks. Last time we went there, the case was closed and no chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... this reminded me abt the dinasour exhibition. havent been to the bird park, must go edi, this year... and we have 4 seasons house? huh... din know tat.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took the girls to the Bird Park too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi.. coming by to visit.. I never took my kids to this birds park before.. maybe we are staying too far from there.. lol..

    by the way, can u drop me an email? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a sweet and very pretty daughter.:-) I love the photos at the Science Park and Jungle gym. She really had fun. It's a great way to celebrate a toddler's birthday. Happy birthday to her.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a happy birthday girl i see ....
    wah..luckily the cupcakes saved yr day :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] kept asking for a chick as a pet after her visit to the Bird’s Park. I told her, “Do you know chicks will grow up to be chickens? And what will you do when they [...]

    ReplyDelete