Thursday, August 24, 2006

Girl Or Boy

Lots of people are asking me this question.

I had a feeling I was going to have a boy from the very beginning. Because of the timing of conception (on the dot of ovulation day), and the experience I have with this pregnancy is very different from Zara's. Not to mention seeing the baby's hand reach out for the needle during the amnio test, an indication of a boy in the making.

With Zara, there was no morning sickness. My stomach was growing very rounded and towards the side (like a flat wok). With this baby, it is pointy, all growing towards the front.

Do I prefer a girl or a boy? I asked Zara that question as well, "Do you want mummy to have a baby girl or baby boy?" She always replies, "Baby girl." If Zara was a boy, I would definitely hope for a girl, since she's a girl, does it matter?

A boy would have completed the family, an ideal. A girl and a boy, what more can you ask?
Daddy would prefer a boy, he said he could share his engineering hobby with him, i.e. fixing the car, building amplifiers etc.

But deep down, I would like another girl.
I think girls are easier to care for, girls 'listen' more, and when they grow up, they tend to be closer to their families than boys.
From an economic standpoint, a girl would be better, because she can inherit all Zara's and Tasha's clothes and shoes.
My friend who has a girl first and a boy then, told me the caring of the KKJ (Chinese : male organ) is tougher. There are so many folds to clean, like below the testicles, the folds between the penis and testicles etc.

The reason why I wanted to have a second child was to let Zara have a sibling to talk to and discuss things with when we're old and gone. How many brother and sister out there who are very close? Who can talk about anything under the sun? I just look at myself, we're never that close to my brother, I talk to my SIL more than him; but with my sisters, we get along fine (of course there were tongue lashing, fists fighting days), we can talk about anything, our MILs, our sex lives, the latest skin care, etc.

So I was very anxious to know the sex of the baby.

And I am very happy to know that we're going to have another girl! I can sense a wee bit of disappointment in Daddy when I told him the sex, but after a while, he said, "actually, girl is better also hor?" My reply to him is, "No matter what, don't ask me try for a boy huh, I'm closing shop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment