Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lawyer Buruk

My little girl is turning into a lawyer buruk (Malay : a mediocre lawyer) these days. She's learning to negotiate, giving instructions, recalling events.

Tuyam was having tooth ache and she complained to Zara hoping to get some sympathy and hence obedience from her.
Tuyam : Zara, kakak teeth pain pain.
Zara : *not empathetic* Because kakak never brush teeth!

She's been very clingy and prefers me to bath her, even in the morning (which is all done by Tuyam during weekdays).
Tuyam : Zara, come take bath.
Zara : Don't want kakak bath Zara. Kakak go hang tothes (clothes). Mummy bath bath Zara.
Tuyam : Mummy need to work. Kakak finished hang clothes.
Zara : Kakak bath bath Rusty then (Rusty is our cat). Take off Rusty diaper and baju.
Tuyam : Rusty got wear diaper and baju meh?
Zara : Take off Rusty collar then.
I just watched her in amazement, smiling to myself, taking in her 'argument'.

She shouted for me at 5:30pm, asking me to bring her to the park.
Me : Mummy not yet finish work. Later ok, one more hour, then mummy come down and bring you to the park.
Zara : Mummy work work first yeah. After bring Zara to ship park (she always refers to our park as Ship park). Kakak cooking cooking at home. Then mummy bring you (me) to see snails (on our way back, we sometimes get to see snails). Then bath bath with you (me). Then makan (Malay : meal) time!

And every day before we leave the house for the park, Zara will say bye bye to Tuyam and add this, "Kakak cook nice nice mum mum (referring to her dinner) yeah?"

No comments:

Post a Comment