Thursday, August 3, 2006

Who's the mum?

One night during bed time, Zara was jumping on the mattress and refused to quiet down. So I threatened her.
Me : "Zara, stop jumping on the bed. Time for bed yeah"
Zara : *ignored me*
Me : "Zara, you don't want to stop is it?"
Zara : *ignored me* Jump jump jump!
Me : "Ok, then mummy go work work in the computer room (she refers to the study as computer room). Daddy tuck you in then." (Knowing very well she won't let Daddy tuck her in)
And then I pretended to reach for the door knob of the room.
Zara : *Cried* Urgh!!!
Me : *turned back to the bed* So you stop jumping ok?
Zara : *walked towards me, and smacked my shoulder* Beat mummy!
Me : Why you beat mummy?
Zara : Because mummy yai yai (Chinese : Naughty)!
Wah, she thought I was naughty because I threatened to leave the room.

While we were driving to Penang, Zara was getting restless sitting on the car seat for too long. She started swaying her head left and right and that caused her head to knock against the sides of the car seat.
Me : "Zara, you cannot bang your head like that"
Zara : *ignored me, continued to sway her head*
Me : "Zara, you bang your head like that then your head will be painful and you'll be stupid"
Zara : *stopped what she was doing, and stared at me wide eyes* Mummy say stupid!
Me : *shit!* "Ermm.. yeah, because you'll be stupid mah, if you bang your head like that"
Zara : *stared at me still* Mummy say stupid *waved her finger at me* cannot say stupid!
Me : Ok ok.. sorry, mummy shouldn't say stupid. Stupid is not a nice word.
Right, my fault, I told her not to use the word, and I use it myself.

She's getting to be more like me now.. hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment