Wednesday, August 9, 2006

What Must You Say?

I've been trying to teach Zara to use the right 'magic' word like Please, Welcome, Sorry, Thank You for different situations. Here is how she uses it.

When she starts shouting for something she wants, like chocolate ice cream.
Me : Zara, what must you say?
Zara : *stops her shouting* Kakak, please, cho-koh-lat ice cream please.
Me : *after Tuyam has given her*, what must you say now?
Zara : Thank you Kakak.

Watching Barney, and she started jumping on the sofa full of excitement.
Me : Zara cannot jump yeah. If you jumped, mummy will turn off the TV.
Zara : *stopped jumping for a mere 15second, then resumed jumping*
Me : Zara, what did mummy say? Cannot jump yeah. Or else mummy turn off the TV.
Zara : *ignored me and continued with the dangerous stunt*
Me : *turned off TV*
Zara : *shocked, looked at me, and then quickly came over to hug me* So sorry mummy, so sorry. So sorry.
I never taught her how to say 'so sorry' before, but I guess I'd used it on her before when I accidentally bumped her head or ate the last piece of chocolate.

Half way through dinner, Zara pushed the spoon away when Tuyam attempted to feed her.
Me : Zara, what did mummy say? It's rude to push the spoon away.
Zara : Thank you kakak. Kakak Please. Zara pao pao (Chinese : Full). Welcome.
Aiks, I taught her to say, "No thank you kakak. Zara pao pao already." instead of pushing her spoon away, and this is how she said it.

When she sneezed.
Me : Bless you. Oops, you forgot to say something.
Zara : Excuse me. Welcome.

Conclusion, she knows when to use Sorry, Thank you, Please, but still confused about when to use Welcome, but she knows it's a nice word to use. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment